Thursday, January 29, 2009

Some Updating

You may remember Lauren & Soda from the Isaan wedding. Well they did meet as planned but alas Soda had sobered up and wised up as well! She brought along her friend and another male friend and they had a nice chat and that was that. I think Lauren was expecting more, a lot more! Poor Lauren, he had to spend another night in Korat. A very large part of me was pleased Soda had come to her senses.

Dragon Hills Golf Course in Ratchaburi gets even more plaudits. As I learned today, on Thursdays they offer a reduced green & caddy fee @ 650 baht. Allowing for minimum 200 baht tip to caddy this means a round will cost 850 baht. Is there better value to be had anywhere else? I would like to know! Also noteworthy that drinks on the course were reduced: a bottle of water cost 10 as opposed to the normal 15 baht, a can of Pepsi was charged at 15 baht and a bottle of Gatorade 30 baht. We ate there after and the food was excellent…..green curry and fried chicken and noodles. Worth the detour and even though my golf remains shit they are going to be seeing my golf bahts. They appear to like golf and golfers and are working hard to attract custom and I will certainly support them: it is a gem of a course designed by an American, Jim Engh, and worth googling the aforementioned Mr Engh.

Courtesy of Wikipedia I got some more information on the Chinese New Year. The celebrations actually last for 2 weeks. It is interesting because a number of business are still closed in Ratchaburi. My favourite builders merchant/tool shop is not reopening until 1st February 2009. Only on Saturday did he stop me buying a Chinese drill bit, "rubbish" he said, "this is a better brand. From Australia." Also the lady that serves the best "kao mun gai", a chicken and rice breakfast meal, has not reopened. I hope they have a pleasant holiday because I can tell you they both work extremely hard and appear to have successful businesses.

And it is getting hot!!!!

No comments: