Thursday, April 16, 2009

Golf Update

Today I played Dynasty Golf Course in Nakhorn Pathom province to the east of Kamphaeng Saen on the road towards Bangkok, Highway 341 methinks. I played there over two years ago and remembered it was quality. A great course notwithstanding the fact that I played very poorly today. It is in fantastic condition, wonderfully landscaped, plenty of water, beautiful plants, trees and shrubs and abundant bird life, (nb indian rollers everywhere), wonderfully maintained and really well managed. I think it was 1000 baht for the round and caddy plus tip; we paid a further 500 baht for a cart. A real cracker and I recommend it to you. It gets into the Dragon Hills and Royal Ratchaburi class. The restaurant is fantastic too

I am playing pretty well in general at the moment, on the verge of going sub-100 and I have no doubt sub-90 will follow. Prior to going to the UK I had a little break and of course I didn't play at all in the UK and I have no doubt the break did me a lot of good. Driving consistently well, big improvement in my putting, and my iron play is better too. I still get slaughtered at some holes and I have temperament issues but I feel far more confident and optimistic about my golf at present. I am playing some nice holes. So watch this space with news of a sub-100 round.

No comments: