Friday, April 3, 2009

Home sweet home

It is wonderful to be back home in Ratchaburi with Luna. She laid on the welcoming committee for me with Flor and Mimi and I had a delicious lunch, green chicken curry and fried pork and vegeatables with some rice followed by some delicious fruit. I slept for a lot of the afternoon as I was pretty tired after the flights. It seems as if I left Stansted airport and Barack Obama and his cavalcade flew in.

It is just great to be back surrounded by smiling, happy people going about their business with great gusto. I sometimes comment about Thais piling on to their motorbikes, for instance a little boy being allowed to sit between his dad's legs holding the handlebar. I saw a new one yesterday..... a little boy sitting on his dad's lap in the driver seat of his car steering the wheel as it drove by!

I guess I even missed the soi dogs although the amount of noise they were making last night ensures that was short lived! It is very hot, very hot, uncomfortably so, but I am happy.I am back home with my wife who looks very,very pregnant. I think I can say Thailand is my home for the immediate future which is likely to be for over a year now.

No comments: