Sunday, May 10, 2009

Life Stuff

In amongst the whining about getting ripped off for a few pennies here and there my life goes on. In fact I have great news to report. Luna's latest scan revealed our little boy is in perfect order and having a rare old time of it in his mother's womb. I have felt some fairly powerful kicking these last few days. I am glad to say Luna is very well too. Earlier issues about low lying placenta have been resolved. We are so pleased about this. Estimated delivery date is 23rd July but the doctor is talking about delivery on 9th July......more later.

Benedict Panya Baradero Brett......Big Ben! I think this is likely to be the little fellow's name. There is even a possibility the little fellow might arrive on the feat day of St Benedict, 11th July or on my birthday on 10th July or possibly the 12th July.....those familiar with UK/Irish sectarian politics will understand the significance of that date! Benedict because it means blessed and there is no doubt this child is a true blessing for us both. Benedict because we are both Catholics and our pontiff is Benedict XVI. Panya because the priest who blessed our marriage is Bishop Panya and Panya means wisdom in Pali which is the langauge of Buddhism in the same way that Latin is to Catholicism. Baradero becasue it is Luna's family name. We are considering adding Siripong because Fr Siripong who concelebrated our wedding mass with Bishop Panya has recently been elevated to Bishop of Chantaburi.....but we are not sure there will be enough room on the certificate paper for all these names!

More to the point if you handed me a new born baby I actually wouldn't know what to do with it!

Further news. The Thai Ministry of Education has issued me with a Teacher's License which will enable the the Ministry of Employment to issue me with a work permit and I am contracted to start teaching Grade 5 & 6 Mathematics and Science from 18th May 2009. Great news as it means I will have an income so long as I can deliver in the class room.

Finally Luna's mother, Jona, joined us last night from the Philippines and is hoping to secure work as a teacher. Nice to have her here.

Not bad really. To be honest I couldn't ask for much more.

No comments: