Saturday, July 18, 2009

At Home for One Week

I have to say Luna has done outstanding work in getting our little boy settled in at home. Moreover Luna hasn't had it easy as we had a bit of a panic about Benedict's feeding. This has been resolved and if you saw what I can see you would say that mother and child had perfectly bonded.

As I write, Saturday early afternoon, I am watching the British Open Golf from Turnberry,Scotland, about a 40 minute drive form where I grew up. They are showing a recording of Day 2's highlights and I just heard one of the commentators say it was about 61℃. Ouch! Anyhow the golf is coming in live so I am looking forward to the final two days, minus Tiger Woods. Scotland tames the Tiger!

It's really an amazing tournament with Tom Watson, the 1977 winner at the same course, a few days shy of his 60th birthday, sharing the lead at the cut. I remember Watson's dual with The Golden Bear, Jack Nicklaus, at the same golf course back in 1977. I would be very happy if Tom prevailed again and this is indeed no forlorn hope; I am glad to see that Wild Thang himself, John Daly, is five off the lead and is also a genuine contender.

It was a tough week. I went back to work Monday and I didn't get a lot of sleep until last night, Friday. It's not that Benedict has been particularily difficult, just I haven't had a lot of sleep. I have been up in the middle of night doing my bit of nappy changing and trying to be helpful. Luna is doing sterling work. She really has Benedict settled and it is a joy to be privy to their interaction. I have never seen Luna so animated and the little boy just looks on lovingly.

Benedict strikes me as being pretty sharp and aware and he also impresses me as being very powerful. He has already grasped how to use his legs as levers so in time he'll explore the house by crawling. Benedict's eyes have fully opened to reveal a fine set of blue eyes. The stump from his umbiical cord scab fell off his belly button during the week and caused him a very sleepless night.

Luna is mending very well. She had her stitiches removed Tuesday.

Both Benedict and Luna are sound asleep as I write so I think I will cuddle up to both of them. All is very well I am glad to say.

No comments: