Saturday, July 11, 2009

Back Home

We brought Benedict home today, Saturday, at lunchtime. Our grateful thanks to Dr Piyanuch and the nursing staff at Prompet Hospital, Ratchaburi for safely bringing Benedict into the world, for patching up Luna and then for looking after us for the last few days. Dr Piyanuch told us she was pleased Luna elected for a caesarian section as Benedict’s umbilical cord had wrapped itself around his neck. I have to say every aspect of the clinical and after birth treatment was excellent. Luna is in very good form and showing no adverse reaction to anything.

Benedict has just had a good feed and is settled into a bouncer chair we bought in Mothercare, Bangkok. No reaction to his first ride in a car and a very good reaction to coming home, sleeping away. He is very sensitive to noise and of course I have just moved my chair and the noise made him jump.

I think I speak for Luna here as well as for myself but he is as good as perfect. He has an excellent set of tonsils, his bladder and bowels are in excellent order and he cannot get enough of his mother’s milk; and of course he knows how to use his tonsils to get said milk.

I have wiped my first bum and changed my first nappy and I am trying to get as involved as I possibly can. I am really loving it all and I don’t think I’ll ever forget the joy I felt when my son pee’d over me yesterday. I am delighted to be able to report everything is so well.

No comments: