Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Benedictus est Natus! Gaudete! Gloria in Excelsis Deo!

Benedict Panya Baradero Brett duly came into this world at 14:41h this afternoon at Prompet Hospital, Ratchaburi. He weighed in at 2.75 kg, just over 6 lbs, so in fact quite a small baby. However both Benedict and Luna are well and that is all that counts. When they took Luna off to theatre I was told to come back in about 2 hours so went and had some nice coffee.

On return about an hour later the nurse asked me if I would like to see my son and there he was roaring his little head off, 15 minutes old, as a series of tests were being carried out on him. All I can say is he is beautiful, the ultimate gift and because Luna was in the recovery room I had Benedict all to myself for a few hours. Once Luna came too I was flitting between the two wards to look after my cares. I had a good greet as we say in Glasgow, but soon realised that was not going to help either my wife or son and I think the Thai nurses were confused to see me walking up and down with my new boy in my arms. What an ecstatic moment. I just left Luna with some of her buddies and I am happy to tell you Benedict was firmly attached to his mother's breast. Here are some pics.







No comments: