Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Wife & Mother: Back to Work

Luna celebrated her 37th birthday yesterday, 09.09.09, and marked it by returning to work. At one level this seems to be nothing short of brutal. However she was only allowed one month paid leave and the second month she took unpaid. I struggle a little with this and worry too about leaving Benedict with Boo or some other carer. However day one went well. We were able to come home at lunch time and Benedict seemed to be none the worse for this experience and he seemed well when we made it home at the end of the day. Well done Boo, you are redeeming yourself. I will say this for Boo, Benedict likes her and I do believe she will take very good care of him.

Last night we had some of Luna's pals over for some food and drinks and it was a very pleasant evening including a call from the Philippines from Luna's family. Nice to be able to give my wife a first birthday present and card. I gave her Series 4 of 24; we're fans and are up to the third series. Of course Benedict was the real star of the show and he beamed for everyone and I think he may well be responsible for putting the idea into some of childless women present that they should be getting on with reproduction! Even though I say so myself Benedict is a beautiful boy and I think his emergent pesonality is charming. He seems unphased by lots of people.

I am a lucky man. I have the best wife and the best son not to put to fine a point on it. Many happy returns dear Luna.

No comments: