Sunday, November 1, 2009

An Ordinary Week

A very work focused week, and in this respect a very busy and productive week. The highlight of our week was a trip to the circus thanks to the school. A troupe of Chinese gymnasts put on a great spectacle of stunts at the local sports centre and I must say we loved it. It was really entertaining. Thanks to the school. Of course many of my pupils were there and I took some solace from the fact that the same ones that misbehave in my classes were misbehaving at the circus!

Friday morning was devoted to Halloween activities which in my case didn't quite come off. I taught one class The Hearse Song and was expecting to teach it to another three classes. This didn't quite materialise. I was surpised by what a big thing Halloween was for the kids. I guess J K Rowlings and Michael Jackson, RIP, are the culprits.

I got back to teaching my extra classes as well and it was particularily enjoyable to work with my four six year old babies, although my three 10 year old girls give me great fun too. I have to say that I feel a lot more comfortable and confident. However it is hard work!

This afternoon Luna, Benedict and I had a trip to Huay Mai Teng Reservoir and sighted a couple of brown kites and a very elegant pied harrier, causing everything small to get going. I think this venue deserves serious exploration. I can report that Nick Upton has reported seeing a SBS and also 400 + Black Kites roosting in my normal haunt, Khao Yoi, in Petchaburi province. I am afraind I'll not get to do much serious birding until December.

Benedict remains a joy and his mother, Luna, is a very close second. We have a happy, cosy home environment. An ordinary week, indeed!

No comments: