Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ill Health

Alas some ill health has caught up with me recently. Put on meds again for high blood pressure following a number of high readings as I have struggled to fight off some respiratory infections. At one level this is depressing but at another not too big an issue : I am well aware of what I need to do to get off the meds. Quit coffee, eat better, exercise and take it easy!

I am ok on the meds. It's just a personal vanity thing really. I don't like the idea of being sick! However with Luna and Benedict I have a greater responsibility so better that I avoid heart attacks, strokes and premature death. So I'll use the meds short term to get my BP under control and then see if I can establish a regular exercise routine.

I have also been sleeping these last few nights with the aircon off. This has really made a big difference for the better to my  respiratory system and I suspect this is the way forward if I want to avoid colds and coughs.

I guess I am busy and am probably overdoing it in some respects. I don't sit still for long! Part of the joy of being here and having the life I do. I'll need to try and take it a little bit easier, spend a bit more time at home.

Otherwise things are pretty good. Benedict is 5 months old and continues to astonish me. I want to live for ever as I am positively thrilled at the prospect of watching this little boy grow and develop! Work wise things are moving sweetly towards our Christmas break. We have a few public holidays and extra-curricular activities this month that take the emphasis off classroom teaching. Add in some mid-term exams and in truth we are coasting!

Recently we had a few days at the school camp in Suan Peung, a mountain resort west of Ratchaburi. Great fun and we managed to spot a Burmese shrike in the resort grounds. Nick Upton reckons this is "interesting' this far south. What do you know?!

I am hoping to buy a decent camera in the next couple of weeks. I have sent to the UK for funds so hopefully I'll be able to record my life more graphically in its various guises. OK more later about the King's Birthday and Fathers Day.

No comments: