Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Red Shirts


Our trip to meet cousin Ron meant driving into Bangkok and we were a little concerned about problems arising from the current political protests there. Well it worked well for us as the roads were pretty clear and so access in and out was very quick. Thank you Red Shirts. The protests are really hurting the local economy. Most of the big shopping malls like Siam Paragon are shut. I guess they fear an occupation similar to that at the airport. Hotels are struggling with low occupancy. All of this is rather sad really as the Thai economy has been performing well recently. I have no colour, as we say in Thailand, but I am definitely opposed to Thaksin Shinawatra and believe his return to power would be bad for the country and very good for his personal fortune. All I can say from what I saw is I cannot see how this crew can present a serious threat! 

1 comment:

weescotsguy66 said...

I also think Thaksin is bad for the Thai people but he precided over one the weakest Thai Baht in a long time and therefore was good for the Farang and the tourist money