Wednesday, September 29, 2010

End of Term


Tomorrow will be  my last day for just over two weeks as we head into our mid-year break. I don't feel anywhere near as tired as I did this last time last year on completing my first term. Don't get me wrong I am ready for a break! It's been difficult this term with changes in the school being quite unsettling but I am hopeful we will start to settle down next year.

I have had a very busy spell recently. In between exams and grading I made a lightning visit to Chumphon in southern Thailand to the Raptorwatch. It is entirely feasible and indeed cheaper to do this by train. I also stayed in one of the best value hotels in recent memory. Check out www.tanisaresort.com . Great rooms with beautiful round circular baths and all modern facilities plus a small swimming pool and wifi, and in my case I got picked up from railway station, all for 480 THB. That is a UK tenner. The rooms are really neat, themed in fact. If you are in that part of the world check out this place. I doubt if there is better value around. Plus Chumphon is a delightful place. We are going back end of October.

So we are off to the Philippines tomorrow night and it will be nice to reconnect with family and friends and also see some birds. As you can see Benedict is a picture of health and vitality. Tonight he got two vaccinations and squealed for a few seconds and then got over it! What a joy. I am well and looking forward to going away. More from the Philippines. Mabuhay!

No comments: