Wednesday, March 18, 2009

London England UK

Eva Air did a splendid job of getting me to London landing 30 minutes early and I have never known a smoother, more expeditious process through customs and baggage reclaim. Just a long flight.I was clear by 1930h and my mate Danny was there to pick me up.

I have been busy seeing people, drinking tea and doing things since I got here. Incredible really as I haven't been on the ground for 24 hours yet but I was out of bed by 0500 this morning. Friday I am heading to Glasgow. So far so good and the weather in London today is absolutely fantastic, bright, sunny, blue sky and warmish. Perfect really. I have just been to visit my demon barber, Rosario, on the Greenford Road in Hanwell and great to see him and also to get a very decent haircut.

I sense a lot of my friends are under serious financial pressure....work drying up, no work or just a struggle. I read a statistic that there are currently 30 people pursuing every job that is available in London job centres. But every one seems to be coping reasonably well.

OK more to follow so watch this space.

No comments: