Monday, July 6, 2009

Sub 100 at Golf and the Rainy Season is here

I finally posted a sub-100 round at Royal Ratchaburi, hitting 97 this morning, and I think there is considerable scope for improvement. I am not sure however when I am going to find the time thanks to a combination of parenthood and work. The key to this improvement has been to slow down my swing. I almost blew it today as I played especially well on the outward nine until an eight brought me back to reality at the 8th. I then lost my concentration and struggled to retain my composure as I played some indifferent golf. There is a sub-90 round in me but I must concentrate on playing to sub-100 consistently.

These last few weeks the rainy season has begun. Yesterday,Sunday, was very wet for most of the day. Right now it is battering down. Normally it rains middle of the afternoon until middle of the evening. It is very noisy but the good thing is it means everything is lush and it means the golf courses are in fantastic condition. You really wouldn't want to get caught in the downpour as you would be soaked to the skin in seconds. We have this weather now for the next few months and gradually this leads into the cool season. And don't worry it is still boiling hot!

Luna is getting ready, a waiting game really. All pretty staggering from my perspective. Luna has been an absolute soldier these last nine months, a joy to be with and I can sense a little bit of impatience. I perfectly understand Luna wanting this to be over. I am very happy with our helper, Boo; she is a real bonus and asset already and I think we both are very happy at the prospect of her looking after Benedict. So watch this space for news!

No comments: